David M.Green Bookkeeping and Tax Service -

Recent Posts

IRS Announces 2018 Pension Plan Limitations; 401(k) Contribution Limit Increases to $18,500 for 2018
Like Harvey, Retirement Plans Can Make Loans, Hardship Distributions to Victims of Hurricane Irma
IRS Has Refunds Totaling $1 Billion for People Who Have Not Filed a 2013 Federal Income Tax Return
File Without 1095-B or 1095-C
6-Month Extension Period for Calendar Year C Corporations
powered by

My Blog

Be on the lookout for tax statements

Tax filing is all about the paperwork. Not only do we have to fill in forms (a little later than usual this tax filing season as the Internal Revenue Service scrambles to make updates based on the late-enacted American Taxpayer Relief Act), but we also have to have the official tax statements detailing the amounts that go our returns. Most of these documents ...must be mailed (or emailed) to taxpayers by Jan. 31. Workers will get W-2s if they have jobs, W-2Gs if they got unemployment benefits and 1099-MISC forms for work done as self-employed business owner or for doing independent side jobs to earn a little extra on the weekends. Forms that will show up in investors' mailboxes include 1099-INT for interest earnings, 1099-DIV for dividend payments and capital gain distributions and 1099-B for transactions handled by a broker. Students will get Form 1098-T listing tuition payments and Form 1098-E showing how much student loan interest was paid last year. And retirees will get Form 1099-R is they're receiving IRA or other retirement plan payments and Form SSA-1099 if they're getting Social Security benefits, too.

0 Comments to Be on the lookout for tax statements:

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment