David M.Green Bookkeeping and Tax Service -

Recent Posts

2018 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 29, Tax Returns Due April 17
Standard Mileage Rates for 2018 Up from Rates for 2017
Senate Passes Tax Reform Bill
IRS Announces 2018 Pension Plan Limitations; 401(k) Contribution Limit Increases to $18,500 for 2018
powered by

My Blog

When to Contact Your Tax Pro

Most taxpayers contact their tax professional only during the tax filing season – after the tax year has ended – to prepare their returns.But you should contact your tax professional during the year - before year-end - if any of these events occur:

you get married,divorced or become widowed
you have a child
you change jobs
your spouse starts working
you have a substantial increase in income
you have a substantial gain from the sale of investments
you buy or sell a home or rental real estate
you start, acquire, or sell a business
you retire
you make an unplanned withdrawal from an IRA or pension plan
you receive an inheritance
you receive correspondence from the IRS, state or local tax agency
affordable health care related tax questions

You should actually contact your tax professional BEFORE many of these events are finalized.For example, if you are beginning the process of divorce you should contact your tax professional for guidance in negotiating the divorce agreement and the distribution of assets.It is also a good idea to contact your tax professional in November – before the end of the year – even if none of the above events have occurred to discuss possible year-end tax planning moves.Give David M.Green Bookkeeping and Tax Service a call today for all the latest tax law changes that could effect you now or near the end of the year.

0 Comments to When to Contact Your Tax Pro:

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment